The Theology Students Association is organising a series of lectures entitled ‘Strengthening the Family’, on the importance of the family in contemporary society. The aim of these lectures is to help students and the general public realise the importance of adhering to lifestyles and values that will help the Maltese family grow in unity and love. These lectures will offer to opportunity to reflect on the value of the family whilst providing tools to strengthen the family. They will also serve as a help for those working with families.
This 7-lecture course will discuss the following aspects:
1. Does the value of the family still make sens today? Reflections of an author. (in Maltese) Prof Oliver Friggieri – Author and poet
Tuesday 1st March | 17:30-19:00
2. Christ and the Christian family in light of the Pastoral Note on the Family of the Maltese Bishops.
Rev Arthur Vella sj
Tuesday 8th March |17:00-18:30
3. How does the EU view the family and its well-being?
Dr Simon Busuttil, Prof Edward Scicluna – Members of the European Parliament
Friday 11th March | 17:30-19:00
4. What is the role of economy in strengthening the family?
Dr Gordon Cordina – Economic consultant and lecturer at the Department of Economics of the University of Malta
Tuesday 15th March | 17:00-18:30
5. Methods offering help to families with problems.
Dr Michael Tanti-Dougall – Lawyer
Friday 18th March | 17:30-19:00
6. The importance of the family in the state.
H.E. Dr Edward Fenech Adami – President Emeritus of Malta
Tuesday 22nd March | 17:30-19:00
7. Aspects of the Maltese family today.
Dr Andre’ J. Camilleri – ‘Marriage without Divorce’ Movement
Tuesday 29th March | 17:30-19:00
All lectures will be held at the University Chaplaincy. For further information please email [email protected]