As from 13 June 2020, churches in the Archdiocese of Malta and the Diocese of Gozo have started celebrating Holy Mass again with the physical presence of the faithful. In consultation with the Health Authorities, the Bishops have issued a number of directives aimed at restraining the spread of COVID-19 during Holy Mass with the physical presence of the faithful. These directives are being updated regularly in line with changes in the directives and guidelines issued by the Health Authorities.
The Bishops’ directives (the list is being updated regularly):
- New measures regarding Mass with the presence of the faithful – Published: 02/06/2020 (last updated 18/05/2021)
- Directives for the Easter Triduum – 25/3/2021
- Directives from 11th March till 11th April – 11/03/2021
- Preventive measures during Holy Week (2) – 08/03/2021
- Online pastoral initiatives due to COVID-19 pandemic – 05/03/2021
- Directives regarding Lent and Holy Week 2021 (1) – 09/02/2021
- Guidelines for administering the Sacrament of Communion and Confession in homes
for the elderly – 18/12/2020
- Guidelines for the prevention of spreading Covid-19 in Catechesis Centres – 10/09/2020
- Guidelines for the celebration of the First Holy Communion, and Holy Confirmation – Last updated 30/04/2021 (Published: 19/06/2020)
- Statement by the Bishops of Malta and Gozo on pilgrimages – 01/08/2020
- Circular: Life and health protection measures – 30/07/2020
- Directives for the celebration of feasts – Last updated 25/05/2021 (Published: 23/06/2020)
- Guidelines for administering the Sacrament of Communion to housebound persons –
Last updated 18/12/2020 (Published: 19/06/2020)
- Guidelines for parish offices and parish groups – 19/06/2020
- Note on sanitization of churches and ecclesiastical buildings – 22/05/2020
- Directives regarding Funeral Masses – 22/05/2020
- The main points of the directives regarding feasts – 20/05/2020
- A note on the directives on titular and secondary feasts – 14/05/2020
- Directives (detailed) to parish priests, religious superiors and priests,
with regards to the celebrations of Holy Week in churches – 24/03/2020
- Directives regarding Holy Week and Easter, First Holy Communion and Holy Confirmation and feasts – 24/03/2020
- Directives regarding priests accompanying funerals – 21/03/2020
- Directives regarding funerals – 16/03/2020
- Directives regarding churches – 15/03/2020
- Directives regarding Mass – 12/03/2020
The following prayers are being broadcast daily:
TVM2 will broadcast a repeat of the Mass from Monday to Friday at 5:30pm.
As a health and security precaution for both the public and employees, persons who need to visit the Curia offices are requested to make an appointment and to wear a mask/visor within the building.
For further information please phone on 25906238 from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm or send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us pray to God together for our people’s health and for all those in need.