At present, all religious functions in the Archdiocese of Malta and the Diocese of Gozo have been suspended. Moreover, in consultation with the Health Authorities, the Bishops have issued a number of other directives aimed at restraining the spread of the coronavirus. As Catholics, we are also called to commit ourselves to join together in prayer to God and to take care of one another by denying ourselves many beloved things which are dear to us, for our own good.
The Bishops’ directives (the list is being updated regularly):
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding Mass – 12/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding churches – 15/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding funerals – 16/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding priests accompanying funerals – 21/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding Holy Week and Easter, First Holy Communion and Holy Confirmation and feasts – 24/03/20
- The Bishop’s Directives (detailed) to parish priests, religious superiors and priests, with regards to the celebrations of Holy Week in churches – 24/03/20
The following prayers are being broadcast daily:
- From Monday to Sunday, Mass at 9:30am
- From Monday to Friday, Spiritual Exercises for Lent at 3:00pm
- From Monday to Friday, Mass and Rosary at 5:30pm
- Live broadcasts of liturgical celebrations during Holy Week
Let us pray to God together for our people’s health and for all those in need.