As from 13 June, churches from the Archdiocese of Malta and the Diocese of Gozo have started celebrating again Holy Mass with the presence of the congregation. In consultation with the Health Authorities the Bishops have issued a number of other directives aimed at restraining the spread of the covid-19 during Holy Mass with the presence of the congregation. These directives are being updated according to the changes made in the directives and guidelines issued by the Health Authorities.
The Bishops’ directives (the list is being updated regularly):
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding Mass – 12/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding churches – 15/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding funerals – 16/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding priests accompanying funerals – 21/03/20
- The Bishops’ Directives regarding Holy Week and Easter, First Holy Communion and Holy Confirmation and feasts – 24/03/20
- The Bishop’s Directives (detailed) to parish priests, religious superiors and priests, with regards to the celebrations of Holy Week in churches – 24/03/20
- A note on the Directives issued by the Bishops on titular and secondary feasts – 14/05/2020
- The main points of the directives regarding feasts – 20/05/2020
- Directives regarding Funeral Masses – 22/05/2020
- Note on sanitation of churches and ecclesiastical buildings – 22/05/2020
- Guidelines for the celebration of First Holy Communion and Holy Confirmation – 19/06/2020
- Guidelines for parish offices and parish groups – 19/06/2020
- Guidelines for administering the Sacrament of Communion to housebound persons – 19/06/2020
- Directives for the celebration of feasts 2020 – 23/06/2020
- Circular: Life and health protection measures – 30/7/2020
- Statement by the Bishops of Malta and Gozo on pilgrimages – 01/08/2020
- New measures regarding Masses with the presence of the faithful – 07/08/2020, (Published: 02/06/2020; Updated 19/06/2020, 07/07/2020)
The following prayers are being broadcast daily:
TVM2 will broadcast a repeat of the Mass from Monday to Friday at 5:30pm.
As a health and security precaution for both the public and employees, persons who need to visit the Curia offices are requested to make an appointment and to wear a mask/visor within the building.
For further information please phone on 25906238 from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm or send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us pray to God together for our people’s health and for all those in need.