Hierosolimitan Nuns of the Order of Saint John the Baptist
St Ursula Monastery
St Ursola Street
The Monastery of St Ursula was first established in Vittoriosa, but in 1595 it was transferred to Valletta. The Hierosolimitan Nuns of the Order of Saint John the Baptist follow the rule written by Blessed Raymond du Puy, first Grandmaster of the Order of St John. During the time of the Knights, the monastery was subject to the Grandmaster, but since the departure of the Order from Malta, the monastery has been directly subject to the Archbishop.