Society of the Sacred Heart
The Society of the Sacred Heart established itself in Malta when, in 1903, its schools and convents were confiscated by the French Government. Seven sisters of five different nationalities came to Malta at that time and the Blue Sisters welcomed them in their home. Later on they established themselves in Villa Portelli, at Sliema, where in October of that year they opened their school and the Rosary School; four years later they moved to their new school at St. Julian’ s. In 1944 they started a training college for female teachers at St. Julian’ s. In 1954 the College moved to Tal-Virtu’ Mater Admirabilis Training College; when the Government stopped sending teachers for training at the College, it was closed and later the building was taken over by the Seminary. The Society has five houses in Malta.
Society of the Sacred Heart, 115, Triq il-Miratur, Floriana, FRN 1109 Tel: 2122 8021
Sr. Scicluna Marie (Superjura Distrettwali); Tel: 2122 8014;
Society of the Sacred Heart, St Julian’s Community, Triq il-Qalb Imqaddsa, St. Julian’ s. STJ 1435; Tel. 2134 0832 ;
Society of the Sacred Heart, Tal-Virtu’, Rabat RBT 2604; Tel. 2145 4131; 2145 0538
Society of the Sacred Heart, “Il-Kenn”, 76, Triq Sant’ Anġlu, Ûejtun ZTN 3043; Tel. 2169 4280