Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, mass times have changed
Click here to view the new mass times

Tas-Sliema (St Gregory)

  • Mgr Maurus Caruana O.S.B., long cherished the idea of building a church in Sliema dedicated to St. Gregory the Great, and he laid the stone for this church on the 20 August 1923. The church became a parish on the 22nd December 1943.

    Parish Population: 3,500

    Families: 1,200

  • Parish Church dedicated to St Gregory the Great

    Dedication date: 11 October 1949

  • Parish Priest

    Rev Victor Scicluna

  • Parish Office

    13, Norfolk Street
    Sliema, SLM 2015

  • Office Hours

    Mondays to Fridays

    4.45 -6.00 pm

  • Telephone

    2133 0740

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev Victor Scicluna
    Rev Noel Vella
  • Priests residing in the Parish

    Rev Raphael Pace
    Rev Simon Sciberras

    Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Fr Victor Scicluna, Parish Priest
    Moderator: Mr Robert Naudi
    Secretary : Ms Marie Vassallo

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.30, 9.00, 10.30, 11.30 am; 5.30 pm

    Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm

    Weekdays: 6.45, 7.45, 8.45 am; 6.30 pm

  • Other Churches

  • St. Patrick’s Church

    The Salesians came to Malta in 1903 and took up residence in Sliema, being entrusted with the running of St. Patrick’s Salesian School which Comm. Alfonso Maria Galea had built for the education of boys sent to the Institute by the Government. The chapel of the Institute is open to the public and all Masses are said in English. Narriages may be celebrated in the church.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev Joe Cini S.D.B.

  • Telephone

    2133 0238; 2133 4614

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and feast days: 8.00, 9.00, 10.15 am; 6.00, 7.30 pm

    Weekdays: 7.30, 9.00 am

    During May and October Holy Rosary is recited at 6.30 pm followed by a Holy Mass)

  • St. John Bosco Oratory

    Comm. Alphonse Maria Galea built an Oratory, the “Iuventutis Domus”, in front of St. Patrick’s School in 1907; two years later the chapel was built and blessed in 1908. Marriages may be held in the Oratory.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev Paul Formosa SDB

  • Telephone

    2133 1447; 2133 7309

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 8.30 am; 12.00 noon – 7.30 pm

    Weekdays: 8.00 am

    First Fridays: 7.30 pm

    On the 24th of each month: 7.30 pm

  • Church of the Holy Family

    The Ursuline sisters opened a creche at n. 3 Stella Maris Street in Sliema in 1894, but the house was too small and Mgr Isidoro dei Conti Formosa acquired a piece of land where he built the present church and convent of the sisters in 1904. Marriages may be celebrated in the church.

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays, Feast Days and Weekdays: 7.00 am

    Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm

    Weekdays: 6.00 pm