Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, mass times have changed
Click here to view the new mass times

Ħaż-Żebbuġ

Ħaż-Żebbuġ was a parish before 1436, but the present church was built in 1632 and enlarged by Tommaso Dingli some time later.

Parish Population: 12,200

Families: 3,850

Parish Church dedicated to St. Philip of Agira

Dedication date 13 May 1729

Archpriest

Rev Daniel Cardona

Mobile: 79729252

Parish Office

Dar San Ġużepp,
Misraħ l-Isptar,
Ħaż-Żebbug

Office Hours

Tuesdays
9:30 – 11:30 am

Fridays
4:30 – 6:00 pm

Telephone

Office: 2146 0800
Home: 79729252

E-mail

parrocca.zebbug@maltadiocese.org

Website

www.parroccazebbug.com

Facebook

Il-Parrocca ta’ Ħaż-Żebbuġ

Parish Clergy

Rev. Daniel Cardona, Archpriest

Rev. Mario Sammut, Vice Archpriest

Rev. Jesmond Grech

Rev. Reuben Vella, Vice Archpriest

Mgr. Joe Bugeja

Rev. Dr. Salvatore Chircop

Rev. Alfred Agius SDB

Mgr. Vincent Cachia

Priest residing in the Parish

Rev. Stefan Bonanno

Parish Pastoral Council

President: Rev. Daniel Cardona
Moderator: Dr Tonio Galea
​Secretary: Ms Josephine Galea

Parish Economic Council

President: Rev Daniel Cardona, Arċipriet
Secretary: Mr Alexander Gatt

Holy Masses

Sundays and Feast Days: 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 am; 5:30pm, 7:00pm
Saturday Evenings: 5:00, 6:30 pm (Winter); 5:30, 7:00 pm (Summer)
Weekdays: 6:00, 7:00, 7:45, 8:45 am; 6:30 pm (Winter) 7:00 pm (Summer)

Other Churches

Sanctuary of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

The building of this sanctuary began in 1979 in the outskirts of the village. It was inaugurated in 1986 and consecrated in 2003.

Priest in charge

Mgr Vincent Cachia

Holy Masses

Sundays and Feastdays: 6:00 pm 

Thursdays: 6:00 pm (Winter); 6:30 pm (Summer)

Church of Our Lady of the Light (tad-Dawl)

The church was built between 1738 and 1740 on the place of an older church dedicated to the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Priest in charge

Archpriest

Holy Masses

1st Sunday of the month: 6:45 am

Church of Our Lady of Divine Graces

The Church was built in 1680 on the site of an older church dedicated to the Virgin Mary.

Priest in charge

Archpriest

Holy Mass

Sundays and Feastdays: 7:00 am

St James Church

The church is attached to a benefice belonging to the Cathedral and was built in 1674. Presently it is not in use.

St Roque Church

The church was built after the 1597 plague and it is the smallest church in the village. Since 1980 its maintenance is in the responsibility of “Din l-Art Ħelwa”. Presently it houses a small museum.

Ħal Mula Chapel

In 1980 the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary opened a residence at Ħal Mula in a farmhouse. The chapel of their residence is open to the people of the locality.

Priest in charge

Archpriest

Holy Masses

Sundays and Feastdays: 8:00 am

Saturday Evenings: 6:00 pm (Winter); 6:30 pm (Summer)

Weekdays: 6:00 pm (Winter); 6:30 pm (Summer)

Franciscan Sisters Chapel

In 1794 a small hospital was opened in Żebbuġ for the elderly people. Later on, the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart became responsible for the running of the hospital which also included an orphanage. Today it is the home for a small number of elderly women.

Priest in charge

Archpriest

Annunciation Church

The church was built in 1696 on the site of an older church.

Church of St Mary of the Angels

The church was built in 1696 on the site of an older church.

Church of St Mary (Ta’ Mamo)

The church was built in 1685 and today it is used to store church furnishings.

Church of the Visitation (at Qirda Valley)

The church was built in 1673 on the site of an older church mentioned by Mgr Dusina in the report of his Pastoral Visit in 1575. Presently it is closed.

Chapel of the Immaculate Conception

The chapel was built after the plague of 1677. Presently it is used to store church furnishings.

Adoration Chapels

Ħaż-Żebbuġ Parish

Address

Cenaklu, Main Street, Ħaż-Żebbuġ

Opening hours

7:00 am – 9:30 pm