The information provided on this page is not updated.
Kindly visit the new Secretariat for Parishes website.

Ħal Qormi (St George)

  • Ħal Qormi was one of the ten parishes which already existed in 1436; twenty years after this date a new church was built by the parish priest of that time, Fr. Julius Lombardi. The present church was built in 1584.

  • Parish Population: 10,000

    Families: 2,870

  • Parish Church dedicated to Saint George

    Dedication date 6 May 1731

  • Archpriest

    Rev. Mario Mangion

  • Parish Office

    95, St George Street

    Qormi QRM 1239

  • Office Hours


    9.00 – 11.00 a.m.

    Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays

    5.00 – 7.00 p.m.

  • Telephone

    Office: 2149 2997
    Church: 2144 8275

  • E-mail or

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev. Mario Mangion, Archpriest
    Mgr Charles Attard
    Rev. Karm Grech
    Rev. Martin Bruno
    Rev. Dunstan Xuereb
    Rev. Bernard Micallef
  • Priests residing in the Parish

    Rev. Lawrence Zammit

  • Pastoral Parish Council

    President: Rev. Mario Mangion, Archpriest
    Moderator: Mrs Catherine Sciberras
    Secretary: Mrs Elaine Spiteri Barry
  • Economical Parish Council

    President: Mr Joe Apap
    Secretary: Dr Alison Mintoff
  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.30, 9.00, 10.30am; 5.00pm

    Saturday Evenings: 4.30 and 6.00pm (Winter); 5.00 and 6.00pm (Summer)

    Weekdays: 6.15, 7.30am; 4.30pm (Winter) and 6.00pm (Summer)

  • Other Churches

  • Our Lady Victory Church

    The church is mentioned in Mgr. Dusina’s report as being dedicated to the Virgin Mary, but from 1588 the church became known as the Victory church; for a long number of years it remained closed because of its ruinous condition but was rebuilt in 1686.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Mario Mangion, Archpriest

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00 am

    Weekdays: 6.45 am

  • Holy Family Chapel

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Mario Mangion, Archpriest

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feastdays: 6.30 and 8.15 am

    Saturday Evenings: 6.00 pm

    Weekdays: 7.45 am

  • Church of Our Lady of “tal-Hlas” (childbirth)

    From time immemorial in the locality there was a church which was always a centre of popular devotions. In 1560 a new church was built, but the Treasurer of the Order of St. John, Fra Christopher Mangodoin, in 1690 substituted it by the present church.

  • Priest in charge


  • Holy Masses

    Every third Sunday of the month at 4.30 pm

  • St Peter’s Church

    The chuch was built in 1656: today it is used for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration.

  • St Catherine’s Church

    The church was built in 1678 on the site of an older church mentioined by Mgr. Dusina in his report: today it is kept closed.

  • Annunciation Church

    It is a small church adjacent to the church of St. Francis de Paule; it was built several times, the last being in 1798. Today it is used for marriage ceremonies.

  • Church of St Francis de Paule

    The church is not far from the parish church of St. George, in fact it is in the centre of the village. The administration of its property is of lay patronage. The church was built in 1707 by Francis Casha and his son Rev George Casha who were so authorized by a decree of Bishop Coccopalmieri dated 22nd January 1707.

  • Ta’ Qrejċa Church

    Built in 1575, it is kept closed today. Formerly the popular pilgrimage to the seven churches dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary ended in this church.

  • St Mary’s Church Tal-Blat (of the Rock)

    The church, mentioned by Mgr. Dusina, was rebuilt in 1644: today it is use for catechetical instruction.

  • Cemetery Chapel of the Resurrection

    The chapel was built in 1991. A Holy Mass is celebrated at 10.00 am every Monday of November.

    Ħal-Qormi hu waħda mill-parroċċi li ġa kienu jeżistu fl-1436; għoxrin sena wara din id-data kienet inbniet knisja oħra bit-tħabrik tal-Kappillan Dun Gulju Lombardi u fl-1584 inbniet il-knisja li hemm illum; u fl-1684 inbniet il-Koppla ta’ Lorenzo Gafà.


  • Adoration Chapels

    St Peter’s Chapel


    St Catherine’s Street, Qormi

    Opening hours

    6.00 am – 8.00 pm (Winter)

    6.00 am – 9.00 pm (Summer)