The information provided on this page is not updated.
Kindly visit the new Secretariat for Parishes website.


  • In 1798 a small church was built where before a small shrine of the Virgin Mary had existed for more than a century. The church was rebuilt in 1844 but was demolished by the Government to widen the road from Paola to Zabbar. In 1950 the Carmelite friars built a small church not far from the place where the old church was situated. The Carmelite church became a parish church in 1965 and the friars, because the population of the parish was rapidly increasing, decided to build a larger church whichwas blessed in 1988 and dedicated in 1990.

    Parish Population: 11,981

    Families: 3,712

  • Parish Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

    Dedication date 1 February 1990

  • Administrator

    Rev. Raymond Calleja O.Carm
  • Parish Office

    Wesgħa Reggie Miller,
    Fgura, FGR 1210

  • Office Hours

    Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays:
    8.30 am – 9.30 am

    Tuesdays and Wednesdays:
    4.30 pm – 6.00 pm

  • Telephone

    21802992 Office

    21827900 Convent

  • Parish Clergy

    P. Raymond Calleja O. Carm – Parish Priest
    P. Joseph Saliba O. Carm, Provincial
    P. Mawrizju Mizzi O. Carm.
    P. Joseph Vella O.Carm

    Parish Pastoral Council

    Rev. Raymond Calleja OC, Parish Priest

    Moderator: Mr Louis Cutajar

    Secretary: Mr Christian Brincat

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.30,  11.00am; 6.30pm

    Saturday Evenings: 5.30pm; 6.30pm (In Summer at 6:30pm only)

    Weekdays: 6.00, 6.45, 7.45, 8.30 am, 6.30pm

  • Adoration Chapels

    Fgura Parish


    Triq il-Liedna, Fgura 

    Opening hours

    Sunday: 7.00 am – 8.30 am