The information provided on this page is not updated.
Kindly visit the new Secretariat for Parishes website.


  • At Balluta Bay, in St. Julians, since 1859 there was a church dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, built by the Confraternity of Our Lady of Mount Carmel of Valletta; the church was rebuilt in 1877 and given to the Carmelite friars who rebuilt it in 1900. In 1958 it was rebuilt again and in 1974 it became the parish church of the locality.
    Parish Population: 5,000
    Families: 1,500

  • Parish Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

    Dedication date: 12 December 1984

  • Parish Priest

    Rev. Renald Lofreda O.Carm

  • Parish Offfice

    Carmelite Friars,
    Tower Road, Sliema,
    SLM 1600

  • Office Hours

    Mondays: 5.30 – 6.30 pm
    Wednesdays: 4.30 – 6.00 pm
    Fridays: 4.30 – 5.30 pm

  • Telephone

    Office 21337573
    Mobile 7986 8412

  • Website



    Madonna tal-Karmnu Balluta

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev. Renald Lofreda O.Carm, Parish Priest
    Rev. Charles Mallia, Prior
    Rev. Victor Enriquez
    Rev. Leonard Mahoney
    Rev. Alfred V. Mercieca
    Rev. Guido Micallef
    Rev. Robert Farrugia
    Rev. Hermann Duncan
    Rev. Victor Paul Farrugia
    Bro. Lawrence Mercieca
    Bro. Michael Rapinett

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6 00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.00, 12.00 , 6.30 pm
    11.00 am (in English)
    Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm
    Weekdays: 6.00,  7.00, 7.45, 9.30 am; 6.30 pm

  • Other Churches

  • St Ignatius Chapel

    The church was formerly the chapel of St Ignatius which the English Jesuits had opened in 1877. The chapel was opened to the public in 1881, but remained closed for a certain period of time and during the last war it served as a store. It was reopened for worship in 1949.
  • Chapel of the Casa Leone XIII

    The convent which the Blue Sisters had near the Zammit Clapp Hospital became a residence for elderly people when the sisters had to leave the island.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Guido Micallef O.Carm.

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 9.00 am, 11.00 am (in English)
    Saturday Evenings: 4.00 pm; 6.30 pm (in English)
    Mondays to Fridays: 9.00 am
  • Pastoral Centre “Jesus our Friend”

    About fifty years ago the friars of the Sacro Cuor parish, Sliema, opened a house in Rose Street for the teaching of Christian doctrine. For twenty-one years Fr Marianus Vella taught and said Mass in the house. Between 1993 and 1994 Fr Bernard Bartolo O.F.M. demolished the old house and in its place built a new chapel and a pastoral centre, which he dedicated to Jesus our friend. At present this area of Sliema forms part of Balluta parish, but the chapel and centre are still run by the Franciscan friars. Today Rose Street has had its name changed to Fr Marianus Vella Street.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Eddie Pace OFM
    Telephone: 21313353

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 8.00 am
    Saturday Evenings: 6.00 pm
    Mondays to Fridays: 6.00 pm

  • Adoration Chapels

    “Ibqa’ Magħna Mulej” Adoration Chapel


    Tower Road, Sliema

    Opening hours

    Summer: 6.30 am – 10.00pm
    Winter: 6.30 am – 9.00pm